Sunday, July 8, 2012

More on natural foods we tried and liked

I remember how many health issues my dogs had when they ate dried kibbles. Oh god...One of my precious mastiff females had skin allergies, bloating, gas, smelled very-very 'doggy', had the 'wet dog' smell although she was totally dry. I did not know how important it is to feed the dog good quality food.

So, after discovering the raw food, we do not have to deal with all that stuff anymore - thank goodness!

OK, here is another nice type of premade dehydrated dog food that we've tested on our 4 dogs lately. I bought a 12lbs sack with chicken to start with. We took it with us on a camping trip.

So the switch from raw meat to this one was an immediate one during the trip but it didn't bring about diarhhea in any of the dogs. That is a big plus!

The dogs loved it and it was easy to prepare. It is also to be mixed with lukewarm water and is ready to serve in 10 minutes. Very convenient! I am not affiliated with this food's manufacturer, just shareing my honest opinion based on the experience.

I don't think that this food is actually raw, but it is gently dried. Anyway, we were at the camping with the dogs for a week and fed exclusivly with DNA 'Dried-n-Alive' Chicken. No bad odor from the dogs at all, no wet dog smell or strong 'doggy' smell either.

I am planning to purchase the lamb and venison/salmon formulas in the nearest future, it is good to have these foods at home just in case.

So here is the food that I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment