Sunday, July 8, 2012

Coconut oil for dogs - a very promising remedy

It is virtually impossible for me to express how satisfied I am when it comes to coconut oil! Not only me and my human family benefit from it, but Zella and other dogs too.

Organic extra virgin coconut oil is a wonderful natural remedy for dogs. It helps to promote better immune system, digestion, better skin condition, shinier coat.

I have been administering coconut oil to my dogs for over a year and I am seeing benefits every day. Well I am seeing benefits on myself as well from daily consumption of coconut oil. It is really amazing! I would normally use it as a spread on toasts (instead of butter) and it is also one of my favourite cooking oils.

So if you're thinking of adding some extra oil supplements to your dog's diet, coconut oil is the perfect choice. I won't be writing a long post on of this kind of oil, but the reason it is so beneficial to the dog's health is due to Medium Chain Triglycerides.

It helps with the following:
  • Injured ligaments & tendons
  • Itchy & dry skin
  • Allergies and demodecosis skin condition
  • Arthritis
  • Digestion
  • Wounds - it speeds up healing
  • Preventing of yeast & fungal infections
Well, coconut oil may be applied topically as well (on scars, wounds and hot spots). It didn't work out well for me, because my dogs love this oil so much, they are licking it all off right away.

Please be informed that the quality of the oil you are giving to your dog is very good, i.e. it comes from an organic source and is extra virgin. Simply '100% natural' coconut oil is not good enough to be fed to your dogs.

I either mix it with my dogs foods or give it to them as a treat. It can also be stuffed in their treat toys. If you store your oils in a cool place, it won't be runny.

You can check out for great deals on coconut oils online or at a local health store. I am getting mine from Amazon. These are the brands I usually buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment