Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Is Traumeel safe for dogs?

In the previous post I wrote about the homeopathic remedy called "Arnica Montana" (used as a pain relief in sprains, hip dysplasia, arthritis, bruising, after surgeries).

Now I am going to cover the "Traumeel" topic. Please be informed that I NEVER gave Traumeel to my dogs in the form of tablets. I only used this remedy in the ointment form when massaging the dog.

I would not recommend to try giving "Traumeel" in the pill form to your pet, because there are many different homeopathic herbs in it. What if your dog is allergic to one of the herbs? I suggest that you stick to Arnica Montana in the pill form and buy a "Traumeel" ointment or cream for massaging purposes.


It really helps to reduce swelling and pain if used topically. Make sure you wash off the excess ointment/cream when done massaging to prevent the dog from ingesting the ointment.

So, is "Traumeel" effective in treatment of hip dysplasia? The answer is YES if used together with other ingredients/remedies for hip dysplasia treatment (check my blog for more info on the alternative hip dysplasia treatment).

Is "Traumeel" effective when massaging an old arthritic dog that limps and has problems walking?
Of course it is! Try it. It is very inexpensive and it won't harm you dog at all! If you want to relieve your pet's discomfort and pain, massage its joints with "Traumeel" and don't forget to give him/her vitamin C and a glucosamine+chondroitin+msm product.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post with us. I am little bit interested to get more information about Canine Hip Dyplesia. I like to share my opinion on Canine Hip Dyplesia.This surgical procedure is completed on extra mature canines which have completed rising. Because of the measurement of the implants, this surgical procedure is completed on bigger canines. Beforehand, all synthetic hip elements have been cemented in place. Extra just lately, cementless hip replacements are being carried out.Allover this is a great blog. If you want to know more about this visit here Canine Hips.

    ReplyDelete